Tuesday, October 19, 2004
sTreSseD dAy sia.....really stResS....... *huuuuu.........xiiiiiiiii*
but it was all worth it!!!!! especially since.....i got a Yellow Form!!!!!!! yippees!!!!! haha... *siao* whats that all about? wait....
today, so many people didnt come to work, reporting sick so as to avoid some dIsaStEr......haha.....and I was the only one in my section!!!!! stress.......my 2 supervisors went out in the afternoon to go cmbp...only me ALL ALONE....*sobs*
I gotta receive calls, do RO, do printing, do Parade State and all, run around camp, do this do that......aiyoh.....but work's in NSSC really fun. I got fun, funky and cheerful people in there...of cause, the occasional down pourers and shit stirrers, byt not as many as back in SAFTI SSU....so yar....guess God really guided me thru......to think i was so afraid of changing camp....
and today, was Round 1 Auditions for NSAD Idol!!!! wheee!!!! guess what?!?! i got in!!!!! haha......i shall do the WHOLE scene out here.....for the privilege of some people....bwahahahaha....
I was the 9th contestant. for NSAD Idol, you can join either as Group or Solo. the placings go like Solo, Group, Solo, Group...etc. so u can guessed, I was a Solo Contestant. While waiting for my turn, they took a picture of me with the "Host" and i got an interview....
Host: Right now, I am beside Joseph. So, how are you feeling right now?
Me: Just normal! *kidding*
Host: YAr, nothing about it right?
Me: Yar, nothing! haha *in a very accented voice and actually, we talked abit before the 'interview'*
Host: What was your reaction on NSAD Idol?
Me: Nothing much coz I knew the American Idol wave will hit almost everything, so I wasnt that surprised.
Host: But did u expect the Army to do such a thing?
Me: Not really, but I know somewhere, another camp did it. I was shocked then. Now NSAD Idol, not that much of an effect.
Host: I see...so what song are you gonna bring us?
Me: A Whole New World...
Host: Ahh...u NSSC people sure choose a wide selection of fantastic songs! Well, I wish you all the best!
ME: Thank you...
Then cut. and he told me to present myself before the judges. I went in. I said "Hi, Im Joseph from NSSC." MAJ Lim said "Hi Joseph. Step into that box and you may start anytime..."
I did it, swallowed my saliver *not fully coz I was slightly choked later on...* and started on A Whole New World. They werent looking at me before I started but when I did, they turned and really stared at me...at that time, I dunno if it was out of horror or amazement. I just stood there, hands behind me and standing slightly tilted. When I reached Jasmine's verses, my voice cracked abit *due to me trying hard not to let the saliver choke me* and at the chorus, I sang back "A new fantastic point of view..."...they stared even harder. but last minute, I changed smoothly back to the last chorus. I didnt do the "a whole new world, thats where we'll be...etc" I ended with chorus then said "yar, that's it!" time for comments.
1 (NSF): If you noticed, when you first started, I picked up my pen. I wanted to write some criticisms. But after your first 2 lines, I put it down cause I was enjoying the singing.
Me (blushing n looking down): Thank you, thank you.
2 (Lady): You sang well! Great job for it is one of the harder songs in Disney! But when you went to the second verses, your voice cracked a little. can be improved on that part. but overall, great job!
Me: Thank you
3 (Lady Officer): Yes, you did well! but in the middle portion, you went a little off (Me: Yes I did) and that was kinda obvious! but you have a nice voice! But next time, dont be so stiff lar, move more!
Me: Thank you
4 (MAJ Lim): Wonderful singing! but yes, move more, and dont put your hands behind your back like u r hiding something (at which I put my hands out and waved and said "There nothing..." which got a little laughter from them") and move abit! dont be so stiff! But really good singing...if my wife was here, she loves Disney, she would have been in love with you and your singing...
Me (blushing REALLY badly): thank you.
Then MAJ Lim said "We will see you then!" and the NSF handed me the form! lemme tell u, all these were recorded down and will be shown in the finals....*embarrassing*. Just before I left the room, they asked "were u from any choir?" and I said yes, coz i was once in church youth choir...haha....then I heard the NSF told the lady "yar there, I told u..."
when I went out, recording again. the host thanked me for getting the form and said "heard u from outside! really good! hope to see a better performance from u on friday and hope to see u in the finals!" so I went back to office, Mdm Kath, Kerene and Mdm Alice and my frens thanked and cheered for me......
tell u...it REALLY felt like the REAL thing!!! though I think the recording was idiotic to some extent....haha....now, Wini recording songs for me, gotta train for 2nd auditions on Friday. hope I get into finals.....really hope so....haha....pray for me....haha *blush*
this kind of things oso need to pray...haha...well, i know im not really that good at singing, but i just wanan try at it and see how far i can go....yeaps...great experiece for me before joinging Singapore Idol 2!!! haha....
anyway....Nana named her fishes so I shall too.....hmmmmm
White Sea Anemone: Octiputti
Normal Sea Anemone: Mattie
Big Clown: Wiggly Squitchy
Small Clown: Hidey Wiggey
Domino: Black Mama
Blue Damsel: Swifty
Blue & Yellow Damsel: Timidy Tit
Trigger: Greedy I.M. Holey
Butterfly: Coral
Shrimp: Mr. Grouchy
hmmm...sounds so Disney like....haha
well...gotta go rest....very tired....just reached home....yawns
the facts of life....
- 10/19/2004 10:10:00 PM